Sunday, December 2, 2012

Those Heroes That Avoid Leotards

Ever since I didn't finish the essay in class, I've been in ineffable despondency, or a great state of low spirit because of hopelessness on my grade. I just used one of my vocabulary words. Oh yeah. Into some more literary business, as I read about the 4H- Club on page 34, all I kept thinking about was Colombia. If the state invested more money on programs like this one, maybe the crime rates would go down. Once again, the state already invests in programs like these. Maybe they are not even working because a city like Bogotá is a whole other scale compared to Holcomb.   

Mr. Clutter reminds me of Take the Lead's Pierre Dulaine. The idea is similar. A man who sacrifices his time to help children stay out of trouble. I feel glad to see people like these exist, even in fiction. Catalina Escobar is a clear example of sacrifice to help others succeed. She has scarified time and money to help more than 84,000 less-fortunate people, educating them and helping them succeed in life. 

Back to the book. My group and I had many doubts when it comes to Dick and Perry. First off, are they the murderers? They sure sound suspicious, buying "a hundred yards long [rope]-quite enough for 12." Twelve what? Persons? Dogs? Fishes? Also, what is their reason to be planning a massive murder? Both men suffered accidents, do they seek revenge from those who were involved in the accidents? Lastly, I have a prediction to make. Capote has never directly stated Dick and Perry are the murders so there is a slight chance everything they are doing is for something other than going on a killing free. Let's just wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment