Thursday, December 6, 2012

Good To Go

Two blogposts ago I wondered what would be the reasoning behind Dick and Perry's involvement in the murders if they were the killers. On page 43 I found what might lead to the answer. What is Perry's flaw? "Explosive emotional reaction out of all proportion to the occasion. Why? Why this unreasonable anger at the sight of others who are happy or content, this growing contempt for the people and the desire to hurt them?" (43) If that isn't enough proof, I don't know where I will find it. Up to now, all I can do is hope Willie Jay exerted enough influence on Perry for him no to be a killer. 

On the other hand, I also consider Perry. After a long wait, he missed his idol's departure. I would feel crestfallen, and actually relate perfectly. Just a few days ago, tickets for the Taylor Swift Red Tour  became available for pre-sale. My mom didn't believe me when I told her we had to order fast. 45,000 tickets are taken and I've got none. Same feeling for missing someone we admire. Hang on there sunshine, you're friggin' special. If I didn't die, you're GTG.

Before this encounter with my soulmate (only when it comes to lamenting that person you really admire), I found an interesting sentence. To put you in context, Dick and Perry considered asking nuns for black stockings but talked each other out of it to avoid the bad luck these holy women are supposed to bring. "Some others were the number 15, red hair, white flowers, priests crossing a road, snakes appearing in a dream." (42) Who has ever heard of white flowers bringing bad luck? I'd be dead by now! And red hair? I'm sure that genetic mutation, like any other, will not influence luck. Being born with red hair isn't an omen of any sort. Not to mention priests crossing a road. What are they supposed to do, jump over it? It seems funny that two of these forewarnings are related to Church. GTG, but beware these unworldly signs!

No comments:

Post a Comment