Saturday, September 1, 2012

For the Love of a Mother

A question that killed me inside: "Mom, no one´s ever going to love me, are they?"

As usual, mothers can heal even the deepest wounds.

"Brent, listen to me, honey, you are so smart and so kind. You will fall in love, and someone will fall in love with you. I promise." 

That´s just like when you have not taken a bath and your mom thinks you could be walking down a Victoria´s Secret runway. I don´t mean Brent will never find love nor much less, I´m just praising the dedication and commitment motherhood develops in a person. The love of a mother is the same everywhere, the love of a mother is irreplaceable.

Many times, my mom has told me she would sacrifice anything for her children. I´m sure most moms feel this way. But what really struck me was how Brent´s physique was so important for him, he feels if he´s not attractive no girl will fall for him. He is just like Alice Walker. And like anybody else. In a world where looks can be more important than brains, how else would this child be thinking? Until Walker removes the "glob," she never really appreciated herself. I would assume Brent will have a similar outcome in terms of scaring and healing the burnt skin. Both have written a book and attempted to overcome their past. The process is alike to Daren Strauss´s. Is there a set of rules to comply when one has an issue like these?


No comments:

Post a Comment