Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lewis Carroll: The Pioneer of Portmanteau

First of all, I was actually too happy for my grade. I was actually unsure on whether I should have included information on words with unknown meanings that were not portmanteau, it did seem out of place. We actually discussed the term "offish" and its possible relationship to the word oafish. With context and research it actually didn't fit in. 

I was actually a little disappointed to discover it had been done many times before. I considered myself a pioneer on this topic! Guess I was wrong! Even though I do consider my point on the dichotomy an unseen one, in this world on internet and copyright everything is public. 

In terms of citations I am a little frustrated; my mistakes were avoidable! Not closing commas and paying more attention to the works cited page could have helped improve my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment